Friday, August 29, 2008

Families

How connected are we really. It is so interesting. Lately I've been noticing that I do a lot of stuff my family does. Also, I share a lot of the same ideas. Mostly I am worried about inheriting the bad things. How do you overcome that? Hum? I think it starts by identifying the unwanted characteristic. I am not sure how to keep it the way you want it. Maybe reminder signs. Any way I am not sure but I am going to look into it and decide how it is done. Also, I worry about young girls these days. It seems like so many of them get into trouble. That makes me nervous about having kids. I think a lot of it has to do with having a good self esteem but how do you fix that? I think some people think that giving out silly participation awards or treating all children the same is the way to do it but I think that would make it worse. And if having a good self esteem is about being special or good at something maybe some kids will never have a good self esteem. I realize the best way is the gospel because we are all someone special to God. But that seems difficult too.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Are you saying I'm BAD! You worry to much Magga Moo! Just love them and tell them that you love them. All children are good at something it might just be making the best mess ever. Act don't re-act, we all have that problem. You'll be alright. Are you making an announcement?

Love you,
Aunti

Melanie said...

Hi Maggie, this is Melanie from Tulsa, I like your blog! This post is so interesting to me because I'm always wondering what your family does because you and your siblings seem so perfect! I worry about the same things all the time. The advice above is great. I think that's what the church is for, as long as we're in tune to the Spirit we'll know what to do as a parent.

portiawestesen said...

HEY! I took that picture. o happy times.

Aubrey said...

mag! i found your blog! haha i love you! and you look gorgeous in that picture!

Daniel & Shandi said...

hey let me know if you want to be added to my blog. shandirae14@hotmail.com

Daniel & Shandi said...

BLOG MAGGIE BLOG!!!!

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com